Can’t tell your DLs from your C4s? Not to worry, we’ve put together this envelop, paper and post guide featuring the most popular and commonly used print sizes. BUT before you pick your paper size – first consider the following:
- What sized envelope will your material fit inside?
- Can you fold the material you’re sending?
- Does it exceed the size of a letter as defined by Australia Post?
- Which envelope will be most cost and time efficient to use?
|DL||110mm x 220mm||A5 folded once, A4 folded twice|
|DLX||120mm x 235mm
||Fits more documents than a DL size|
|C3||458mm x 324mm
|C4||324mm x 229mm||A4 unfolded, A3 folded once|
|B4||353mm x 250mm||A4 unfolded, best for thicker paper|
|C5||229mm x 162mm||A5 or A4 folded once|
|C6||114mm x 162mm||A6, A5 folded once, or A4 folded twice|
|11B||90mm x 145mm||Typically used as Reply-Paid envelopes|
Let’s Talk Envelopes: There’s More to Consider than Just Size
In addition to the various sizes available (check out our guide on Envelope, Paper and Post Size Guide if you haven’t already), envelopes come with differing features relating to their flap style, seal style and envelope face.
There are two flap styles; wallet or pocket.
- Wallet (also known as banker) – an envelope that opens on the long edge.
- Pocket – an envelope that opens on the short edge.
- Lick and stick (or gummed) – this style requires moisture to seal.
- Peel ‘n’ seal – peel back the strip protecting the adhesive and seal.
- Press seal (or self-seal) – press the strips of latex on each flap together to seal.
- Plain face – an envelope without windows.
- Window face – includes a window on the front, for pre-printed addresses.
- Weigh no more than 500g
- Item must be flexible
- Be rectangular in shape
- The largest “letter” size is a B4 envelope
- An item any thicker than 20mm will be considered a package
Printed DLX Envelopes. Customise your envelopes with your brand or campaign logo or key messages.
Make an impact with your design
When mailing items to customers, suppliers and other stakeholders, do not underestimate the importance of the appearance of your direct mail. A professional looking envelope will call attention to your item and is a representation of your business. Printed envelopes provide consistency in branding and help the customer identify the material immediately.
How print became the new “new media”
Use this guide so you will know exactly what envelope size and paper size match and you will be sending material more efficiently, without untidy looking folds ruining the appearance of your material.
Custom Branded Fidget SpinnerKeep your brand up with the latest trends with our custom branded fidget spinners. These fun, therapeutic toys are taking the world by storm, and offer an incredible opportunity to put your logo right in the centre!
Christmas Gifts for Tech Lovers
Make a big impact this gift giving season with our most popular branded products for tech lovers.